Monday, April 26, 2010

Is That A Bold Roast?

Here it is... the story that launched a thousand ships. Okay, so not really, but it is the story that started the funny emails about my husband that eventually turned into this blog (shout out to Beth for the blog name--maybe someday I can get her to do a guest post on the time she saw Shane attempting to text).

One afternoon, Shane and I were heading into Starbucks. Now, there's not a Starbucks in our town, so we don't get there as often as we like. As we walked in, Shane pointed at the sign hanging in the window that said: "WiFi now available," and asked--100% serious--"Is WiFi a new drink?"

Once I stopped choking on my laughter, I said, "You know how with my laptop at home, we can just use it wherever in the house? That's Wifi." This then launched into an explanation on how you could also take your laptop to places that have Wifi, like Starbucks, and use it at those places.
I thought he understood, until a few weeks later, we were planning a trip that involved staying in a hotel. Unfortunately, Shane's technological confusion got the best of him when he wrote down the confirmation number for the hotel in which we were staying, but not the actual name of the hotel. This resulted in him calling multiple hotels, until he finally found where we were staying. I said, "I don't care where we stay, as long as there's free wifi." After verbally reminding himself that wifi was "the Starbucks thing," he said, "So, as long as there's wifi at the hotel, I can check my ebay account!?" I'm pretty sure the day that he learned that his ebay account was accesible from where the interwebs are was perhaps more meaningful than our wedding day.

7 comments:

  1. I think Shane is onto something. Come up with a coffee drink, call it WiFi, sell it to Starbucks. Make millions. Live happily ever after. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Hee hee ha ha ha ho. :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first advertised WiFi in the cafe I manage people were asking for the "wiffee drink". Seriously. Multiple times. REALLY? Maybe they're Shane's cousins.

    Also... not sure how you have conversations with Shane that revolve around modern, present day things like hotel confirmations or driving the car. What is he going to teach the boys?? How to use ham radios? I'm confused.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - that is soooo funny...keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought of Shane while getting my morning WiFi. Not going to lie to you--- when it comes to frozen wifi beverages, I'm totally a fan of the McDonalds Mocha Frappe....more than a Starbucks Frapchino.....does that make me trashy?? :-)

    ReplyDelete